Gastronomic Restaurant Lot et Garonne
The Chef Michel Trama
After completing his studies and turning his back on a career as a scuba diver with Captain Cousteau, in 1974, he opened a bistro on Rue Mouffetard in Paris, "Sur le Pouce" with his wife Maryse. Michel Trama is a self-taught Chef, one of those who reach the summit of their art thanks to the talent and creativity that drives them.
In 1978, Michel and Maryse fell in love with this 13th century country house, the former home of Raymond VII, in Puymirol. They embarked on the adventure which has made this establishment one of the most beautiful Relais & Châteaux in Europe, decorated by Jacques Garcia and managed by the Chef Michel Trama, in charge of the gourmet restaurant, who, in 1983, became one of the top Chefs in France.
In 1983, he received his second Michelin star. In 1987, then in 1991, he was named Chef of the Year by the gastronomic review Gault & Millau®, and, in 2014, he was named Chef of the Year by his peers for Le Chef magazine and received his third star in the Michelin guide.
Well-deserved rewards for Michel Trama who has made his name as a reference in the world of high-end French gastronomy as attested to by the many personalities and the media who frequently pay him a visit.
A success which he has acquired thanks to his inventive, rich, flavoursome cuisine and the exceptional original dishes that have become his trademark.
Treat yourself to the Chef Michel Trama's famous great classics which have made the reputation of the Michelin star restaurant: foie gras hamburger with cep mushrooms, lobster lasagne with an aroma of truffles, potato with truffles cooked in a papillote and served on a plate covered with a porcelain lid through which the delicious aromas flow out through a small opening, and the chocolate tear-drop with griottine cherries and a vanilla sauce.
Gourmet and creative dishes, unanimously acclaimed in the world of gastronomy.
The Chef Michel Trama's 2-star Michelin restaurant offers you an immersive experience in the world of one of the top Chefs in France, involving the skilful use of exceptional products, creativity, know-how and delicious preparations.Book your table
An enchanting setting
The superb dishes are the perfect accompaniment to the beauty of the site. The Michel TRAMA restaurant welcomes you in a luxurious and Baroque interior. The magnificent setting of this typical country house transports you into a universe of great charm.
The interior design by Jacques Garcia, in keeping with the country house's history, creates a warm, cosy and upmarket atmosphere: superb stone walls, magnificent period fireplaces, velvet armchairs and huge red drapes, imposing chandeliers and candelabra on the tables.
The Relais & Châteaux Michel TRAMA gourmet restaurant guarantees a treat for your taste buds just as much as for your eyes!
The entire team will welcome you:
- For lunch, from midday to 2 pm
- For dinner, from 7.30 pm to 10 pm
Do not hesitate to book on +33 5 53 95 31 46
- Jacket potato wrapped in Swiss chard with truffles
- Lobster lasagne with an aroma of truffles
- Warm foie gras hamburger with cep mushrooms and a strong duck gravy
- Young pigeon roasted with spices, fondant carrots
- Green apple crystalline
- Chocolate tear-drop with griottine cherries and a vanilla sauce
- Double Corona Trama, tobacco leaf with pepper
- Market Menu (€75): appetiser - starter - main course - dessert (served every day, except on Saturday evening, public holidays and festive events)
- Bastides Menu (€115): appetiser - starter - fish course - main course - dessert, 2 glasses of wine, coffee (available all week, Saturday evening on prior reservation)
- Tasting Menu (€150): six courses and a dish of four desserts.
- Prestige Menu (€215): six courses, including the famous Potato Papillote with Truffles and four desserts
- Children's Menu up to 10 years (€30)
Our wine waiter will advise you in your choice of wines. However, it will also be possible for us to prepare a special selection for you (on request), according to your wishes:
- Drinks selection for the Tasting Menu: €70 per person
- Drinks selection for the Prestige Menu: €90 per person